One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Monday, June 1, 2009

Battle Wounds for Girls...

Here is a picture of Evelyn and her daddy enjoying some ice cream together tonight before bed. Poor little girl got two new bruises -- and, just like her mommy, she always feels better after a big bowl of ice cream!! This picture reminded me of when I was younger and would have ice cream with my dad almost every night of the week. Wish I could have that metabolism back!I am curious to know what these bumps/bruises are going to look like in the morning... she seriously took her hardest fall ever. She instantly got two bruises -- one on her forehead and one under her left eye. We are pretty lucky -- she is usually an overly cautious little girl. We can already tell that Noah is going to be more of a dare-devil -- typical boy I guess :)

Had a pretty good weekend... took the family to watch a triathlon early Saturday morning (very motivating for my training), afterward I had my best swim lesson ever, got family photos taken (including Cocoa!!), church Sunday morning, long bike ride during the kids' nap-time, plenty of walks/trips to the park, can't really remember what else. All for now -- lots of work to do...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Poor Evie! I hope she's feeling okay this morning.

And it sounds like you had quite a busy weekend! You are going to be a triatholon rock star come August!

Kara said...

Don't you hate it when your little ones get hurt...poor girl. Hopefully it doesn't leave a bad mark :(

Also, glad to hear your lesson went well. Can't wait to catch up and hear more about it.

P.S. Love the new background. I may have to check out the site and see if there are other cool ones.

The Wi Family said...

Those bumps and bruises are so hard! Gotta love that she's still up for ice cream though :) That's my kind of girl!