One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Friday, June 12, 2009

Water Spray Park & Great Deals

We have a great "water spray" park nearby that we visited today. It is just a local park that anyone can go to and use -- great free summer-time activity.

It has a soft rubbery base (reminds me of high school track stuff) so the kids can play and not get hurt... and the base must somehow absorb the water and recirculate it back through the sprayers, because there isn't any standing water. There are a bunch of whales and other things that have water squirting out of them -- just imagine huge sprinklers everywhere. It is really cool. There were a lot of people there -- but somehow both Evelyn and Noah were able to have their own "whale" to play with. The kids had a great time today! Here are a few pictures to prove it:

Evelyn also spend some time at the jungle gym area of the park. She is quite the park pro these days!
Another great part of my day... I visited the Bath & Body Works sale. I purchased $139.50 worth of stuff for $32. (actually $2 because I had a $30 gift card) I now have a great supply of candles, lotions, body sprays, and foaming hand soaps. I love yummy smelling stuff like that! Ahhh... what a nice Friday :)

3 comments:

AJ said...

I love the pictures, you can tell how much they like playing together! That's a really cool park, too. My kids love sprinklers. I wish we had something like that.

Great deal on the B&B Works stuff, too!

Brianne said...

That park is just down the street from Eric's office. We love it! K's not a huge fan of the water part, though. :-(

Kara said...

I love the park. Now we definitely have to visit you in the summer so the kids can go...and it's free...WOW!! Wish there was something like that around here.

Great find on the B&B deal. I need to get a bunch of candles and stuff, I am out.

What a great way to start your weekend. Hope the rest went just as great.