One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Best Stress-Relieving "Drug" Ever!

Had a little bit of a trying day today...
I battled a bunch of traffic and had a lot of "windshield time" today, I'm away from Trav and the kids for the night (staying over on the Olympic Peninsula for work - I typically do this once a month), I received news that a huge customer of mine might switch to a competitor's product.... GRRR!!!

So -- at the end of my day I checked into my hotel, put on my running shoes, and set out to relieve my stress. I love the fact that I can completely clear my head and put life back in perspective with a good work-out. It doesn't always work -- but my success rate is pretty darn high. :)

It also allows my mind to wander in random directions... here are a few of my topics tonight:
- Sister Madonna Buder -- the inspirational nun marathoner/triathlete who talks about harmonizing the mind, body, and spirit with running -- did I mention she is close to 80 years old???
- my best friend from high school who just told me she is pregnant -- her and her husband are going to be great parents :)
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck (love her!) - haven't watched The View since maternity leave... just hoping she is keeping her strong conservative voice. Want to tape a show -- but Trav HATES it -- so I will have to watch it on the sly
- I saw a golden retriever while running and I thought back to a time when I was in Saginaw with a college boyfriend. We decided to take Buster for a run from my brother's house to my parent's house (maybe 3 miles). Buster decided about 2 miles into it that he was done running and would rather walk -- so we did. Just thinking of that story today made me smile - he was such a good dog (Buster, not the boyfriend!!) :)

6 miles later... I was feeling strong, accomplished, upbeat, and thankful to God for blessing me with such a beautiful life!

3 comments:

AJ said...

You can't beat the high of a good run. I miss it so much this summer! I love running outside in the summer time and working up one of those super disgusting sweats. It's such a good feeling!

Thanks for the comments about the C-sections, too. It made me feel a ton better about the recovery issue!

Kara said...

What....Janel is pregnant. Tell her I said congrats. How far along is she. You'll have to send me pics as she gets bigger :)

Also, hope you have a better day today. Love ya!!

The Wi Family said...

I totally agree! I'm only to the point where I can do 2 miles at a time---but it's amazing the difference it makes! I totally want to be able to run when I'm 80-amazing!!!