One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Monday, April 27, 2009

One Crazy Weekend

Not sure where to even begin with this one... this past weekend was definitely a roller-coaster ride for my emotions. We ended up taking Noah to the doctor Friday evening (because he was having a hard time breathing) -- he went to Children's Hospital that night. After being monitored for 5 hours, and trying a couple different treatments (5 rounds of albuterol & oral steroids) they sent him home. He was diagnosed to have bronchiolitis again -- he had this when he was around 2-3 months old also (but didn't have nearly as much wheezing or problems breathing that time)

Saturday morning Noah thankfully seemed to be doing much better. I went to swim lessons and learned a few things... one of them being that I have a TON of work to do!!! I started doing the math in my head... we were swimming in a 25 meter pool... I need to swim a half mile for the triathlon... 800 meters divided by 25.... that is 32 lengths!!! I definitely felt more confident about the swim portion of the triathlon before my swimming class... I guess ignorance really is bliss :)

On Saturday night Travis had a surprise birthday party for me at our house. Isn't he the best husband ever?!?It was the perfect way to celebrate the entrance into my 30's. A lot of our great friends were there... including fellow bloggers Melissa, Brianne & Taryn. Thanks ladies for helping me celebrate!!! Here I am with my friend Sarah who I used to work with: Here are Jim, Melissa & Lucy:Evelyn was able to enjoy her own pony rides during the party courtesy of the Tampa boys:

And here I am with my little girl -- she loves birthday parties for one main reason... CAKE!!
Saturday evening, after everyone went home, Noah had a hard time breathing again. Travis took him back to Children's Hospital and they admitted him for the night. After monitoring him through the night and into the morning they discharged him. Thankfully he seems to have gotten through the worst of the bronchiolitis -- he didn't have any problems at all Sunday or Monday night.
What did I tell ya -- quite the weekend, huh??

7 comments:

The Wi Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear about poor little Noah!!! What a roller coaster indeed. I'm glad that he is doing better though. Isn't it the worst when kids are sick, and having to go to the hospital is scary I'm sure!!! So sad to miss the party but we had a some sickness too :(

AJ said...

Sory to hear about the little man! Breathing issues are the scariest in my opinion. Especially when they're so little. Hope he's feeling 100% soon!

alanna rose said...

Poor little guy! Sending lots of healthy thoughts.

Happy Birthday!

Laura said...

Glad that Noah is doing better! Both kid here had bronchiolitis following RSV. We have a steroid inhaler to use for both to keep their lung strong during cold seasons now. Ugh.

I'm so jealous over the surprise bday party! That is really sweet!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry you had to take Noah in again to the hospital. I'm glad to hear that he seems to be doing better.

Again, happy 30th birthday! Mine was a blur because I was so distracted with getting married three days later. :) It was so nice of Travis to organize such a great party with so many of your friends.

Brianne said...

I had no idea Noah was sick! He seemed totally fine at your party. I hope he's through the worst of it. Poor little guy.

Kara said...

I seriously had to try and not cry yesterday when you were telling me about Noah. The poor guy :( Please give him lots of hugs and kisses from me and I am sending some to you as well. What a stressful b-day weekend!!

Also, tell Travis great job on the surprise b-day party. Wish we could have been there.