One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Friday, April 24, 2009

30 going on 13?

I have two big events happening this weekend....
1) I turn 30 tomorrow
2) I start swim lessons tomorrow

30 doesn't seem like a big deal (not today, anyway) -- I mean... I am married, two kids, nice house, good job, lots to be thankful for, blah blah blah... (Although Travis did warn me today that my body might look different tomorrow, since I am turning 30 and all.... thanks Trav!!)

It does get me thinking about age though... some days I feel like Travis and I are an old married couple. We eat dinner at roughly the same time every night, are in bed between 10 and 11 every night, I can't remember the last time I was up past midnight, and I feel it the next day if I have more than 2 drinks...

On the other hand, I am taking swim lessons starting tomorrow... no, not with the kids... just by myself. I am taking an adult class to re-learn the breaststroke, crawl, etc. I figured that since I need to start my swim traning for the triathon, it would be a good idea to learn proper form for these strokes and learn how to swim laps properly in a pool. I have to admit -- I am nervous for my first lesson. Travis was laughing at me yesterday... he said it was like being nervous for the first day of school. I think he was right.

So, even though I turn 30 tomorrow, I am still feeling a little bit like a 13 year old nervous for her first day of school :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy 30th Michelle!

Kara said...

How fun, I didn't know you were taking swim lessons!!!

Also, Happy 1-day early birthday. Have a wonderful wonderful day!! Hope you enjoy dinner and maybe have a few drinks after the kids are tucked in :)

love you!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!! 13 or 30 enjoy the day!! I'd love to take some swimming lessons too.