One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Friday, April 17, 2009

Grandma's Visit

My mom came for a visit last week for Easter and Noah's birthday. It was great to have her around and the kids absolutely love her!! I wish we were able to be together more often. She was a big help with meals, cleaning, and babysitting (Travis and I were able to enjoy a special "date night" together) Here is grandma cuddling Noah:
Here is grandma reading to Evelyn --- she spent the majority of her visit doing this... Evelyn LOVES books and will bring them to you to read to her for hours on end. Evelyn also received her kitchen set during grandma's visit. My parents had got her this around xmas/her birthday, but we decided to save it for later in the year... she loves to "cook". It is funny... we will ask her if she wants to go do something else and she will shake her head and say "I'm cooking". Just a cute pic of the kids after our trip to Costco. I wish you could find these double seater carts everywhere!!!

4 comments:

AJ said...

The pictures of the kids with your mom are so sweet. I love how kids love their grandmas so much:)

Evelyn's hair is getting so long!

Melissa said...

I miss those two kiddos!

Kara said...

Glad you had a great visit with your mom. I know you miss having your parents around :)

Also, I LOVE the Costco carts too. It is so nice to put 2 of the kids in there.

Liz said...

The kitchen is a great gift! And oh, my.. is that a blender? Too cool! I love the "I'm cooking" excuse.. she'll be your right-hand gal pretty soon!