One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Results From Lame-o Excuses -- and Snow Days

Last Saturday we had 9 miles on the schedule. I was supposed to do 3 days of running earlier in the week with mileage of 3, 4, and 3 miles. I had a tough week - Travis was traveling - work was stressful - (insert another lame-0 excuse here) - and my mileage didn't happen. I was a complete slacker! No running took place between Tuesday and Saturday.
When I woke up Saturday morning, it was 36 degrees and freezing rain. I texted Sarah right before I walked out the door -- just to make sure she was still going to meet me at 7AM. She was :) I am SO glad that I have such a dependable running partner!!
When I got out of the Jeep, it was FREEZING... we decided to start out running 2 miles, and if we were still cold and miserable we would turn around, finish at 4 miles, and then go home to our treadmills to finish the last 5. We ended up going out 3.5 miles, but we decided to take a longer route back. We both knew that if we got back to the car at 7 or 8 miles, it would be hard to find the motivation to jump on the treadmill to complete the last 1 or 2. We needed to find a way to finish at our goal of 9. We did :)
It was a TOUGH running day for me -- what did I expect?? I missed pretty much all the training during the week... Sarah was great though. She stopped with me a couple times to stretch out my tight calves, she was our navigator/tour guide deciding where we should go, and she was a good cheerleader towards the end when I was losing steam...
Here we are - happy to be done!! It was Sarah's longest run ever! She will have a new distance record after this Saturday, too -- 10 miles on the schedule :)
In other news, the kids have been off school due to snowstorms all week. When it snows in Seatte, the city shuts down. I am not complaining though --- we have been having a good time outside enjoying this rare weather occurrence. I am not getting as much work done at home as I would in the office --but oh well :)

1 comments:

Kara said...

Congrats on the long run. I need to sign up for some races this week through work and I can't find the time....yes, this is an excuse :(. I will find the time....I promise!