One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Monday, January 30, 2012

Don't Think - Just Run

I have two weekend runs to cover here... so I will start with two weekends ago :)
Travis was in Sacramento for the weekend, and I had 10 miles to do. So... I dropped the kids off with a babysitter at 7:30AM and met Megan and Sarah for a run. ($40 well spent though -- 10 miles on a treadmill would not have been fun!!)
It started out a little hairy... still some snow, ice, and slush on the ground -- it was going to be a treacherous 10 miles!! Thankfully the worst of the route was at the very beginning... and the sidewalks cleared up after the first mile.
Megan split off at 8 miles - and Sarah and I finished up another 2 to get to our goal. I had a tight calf most of the run... but just took it slow and easy... and I am just happy to get the mileage in. Here are the three of us at the 8 mile mark :) Last weekend Sarah needed to run on Sunday, so I met up with my good friend Melissa on Saturday morning. She is starting to train for a June marathon. Our husbands are buddies - our kids are buddies - but I have to admit, it was nice with just us girls for a little sweat-session together. We definitely need to spend that quality time together more often!! I am going to be totally honest -- I am feeling a little overwhelmed lately with the marathon training (and sometimes just life in general!) My legs/calf isn't feeling super strong, and I am struggling with fitting in the training runs during the week. If I look ahead at the mileage to come in the schedule, I freak out!! I am telling myself to take it day by day, and week by week... and I am stretching, using my foam roller, and praying a lot! :) Next Saturday... 12 miles.



Don't Think - Just Run!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

If this helps, I'm thinking of being able to train for a marathon as a gift. And it's impolite to return gifts. :)

Have a great traning week! Hope to run with you again sometime. Those 6 miles flew by!