One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Monday, January 9, 2012

Another Running Date

My Saturday morning started out at 7AM for a running date with Sarah. We "date" and have more one-on-one time than I date my own husband!! But I wouldn't give up our time together for the world. Even though the runs are hard at the time -- it is my favorite time of the week!! This week the training plan cut back a little to only 5 miles -- next week it is up to 9. Here we are post run:I was kicking myself -- when we met, it was still dark out. I wanted to try out my new headlamp - but I forgot it at home, DARN! It wasn't until the sun came up a bit that we realized we were pretty much twins (black tights, purplish long sleeve shirts, but with different color hats). At the end of our run, we passed a guy that gave us a huge smile --- we joked about whether he was overly nice, or kinda making fun of our matching outfits. Probably a little bit of both!! :)
Later that night, Travis and I took the kids to their first hockey game. They had a good time -- they liked watching the game, cheering with the crowd, keeping an eye out for the mascot (a thunderbird), eating the popcorn and licorice treats, and also getting to go to bed LATE!!


1 comments:

Kara said...

I am so glad you have found a running buddy. I LOVE running with someone. It helps keep me off the pain of running...lol