One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Sunday, January 1, 2012

I'm 5 -- it's kind of a big deal :)

Sweet Evelyn turned 5 on the 26th. I never want her to feel like her birthday isn't a big deal due to all of the craziness of Christmas -- so she had a big busy day of fun! In the morning, we (me, Evelyn, Sally & Kim) went to a nail salon that had a special chair just for little princesses. As you can see, it was a big hit. Notice the dvd player, too --- Not only was she getting a manicure and pedicure, but she was able to watch a princess movie while she was getting it done :)
After getting our nails done, we headed to Red Robin for lunch. We headed home for a couple hours to catch a break before the big party that evening. We let Evelyn choose her party this year, and she wanted to go to Pump It Up. The kids played on the large inflatables for an hour before enjoying pizza, snacks, and cake. Here is Noah catching a quick break:Here are the kiddos (not sure why Noah seems to be acting like a monkey...):

It is hard to believe that it has already been five years since the day after Christmas when I thought I was just going in for a pre-natal exam/ultrasound, and ended up having a 4lb 13oz sweet baby girl. Evelyn Marie, you will always be my little peanut - and I love you more than you will ever know -- well, at least until you have a baby of your own... :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

Happy, happy 5th birthday Evelyn!!!

Melissa said...

She did have a big day! I can't believe she is FIVE! Happy Birthday Evie!

Kara said...

I love the manicure idea and yes....5 is a BIG deal. They grow up so fast!!