One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Run of Life

We headed to the zoo this morning -- it was member appreciation day. Here is another carousel pic -- but wanted to point out Evelyn's glasses. To use one of my grandma Marcie's favorite words... She looks like such a little "cooley-bug"!! She put them on her head by herself -- melts my heart a little that she wanted to be like her mommy :) My boys deep in concentration -- they were watching the giraffes. Family pic:Not much else to report. Had kind of a tough Friday/Saturday -- not sure why. I've decided that my life is sometimes similar to my running. I don't know about others... but I experience different streaks/phases/emotions during every run. It is usually pretty hard the first 7-8 minutes. My legs feel heavy, and I start to wonder why I am even doing it at all. Once I get past the first mile I start to feel pretty good. There is a point somewhere in the middle where it starts to feel effortless. This is my favorite part -- I can enjoy the view, think about my to-do list, and solve world problems in my head :) Somewhere around the third mile it gets pretty rough -- but if I can stick with it, this pain usually goes away within a few minutes. I can usually coast after that for another 20 minutes or so.

I guess the last two days are just one of the rough points in my "run of life"... I'm looking forward to the effortless part again :)

2 comments:

Kara said...

Great family pic. Looks like you all had a great time at the zoo.

I love the bottom part of your post. Everything you said can be applied to everyday life. You would be proud of me...I finally got on the treadmill for a bit this afternoon. It felt pretty good. I am looking forward to tomorrow :)

The Wi Family said...

You have such great family activities! What a little doll Evelyn is!
I'm totally with you on your 'run of life' analogy. I've learned that if I don't have those rough times there is no growth. Doesn't make it easier necessarily-but knowing that there is purpose helps me make it through those days. I'm grateful for Faith and prayer they are powerful things.
Thanks always for your thoughts! Hang in there!