One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Thursday, January 10, 2008

Belly at 26 weeks

Here is a belly shot to track my progress. Don't mind my outfit --- this is pretty much my "uniform" when I get home from work. A t-shirt, fleece, comfy pants (these or my adidas running pants), and fleece socks... Poor Travis... the guy never sees me in nicer clothing until right before we leave the house. Comfort is becoming much more important than fashion at this point :)Yes, those are bruises on my belly... Due to a condition that I recently found out that I have, I have to give daily injections (a blood thinner) in my belly. The injections leave small bruises behind for about a week. I hate the injections --- but the good thing is, the injections might allow this little guy to stay in my belly past 36 weeks :) The doctors now believe that during my pregnancy with Evelyn, my tendency to form blood clots (during pregnancy) possibly could have somewhat plugged up my placenta. That could explain the low fluid, and also the reason why Evelyn's growth tapered off at the end, which caused her early delivery.

Not much else going on here... I am having lunch with a customer today at Cheesecake Factory... YUM YUM!! Definitely looking forward to that!

1 comments:

Kara said...

I love the belly picture. Baby Boy V is definitely growing.

I am so glad that the docs were able to diagnosis you this pregnancy so you don't have to go through similar complications. You are a trooper and the bruises will go away. You'll have stories to tell when the baby is born.