One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Thursday, May 17, 2012

Eugene weekend

So I am behind... again.  But I am trying to catch up  :)  I recently had a girls weekend/trip to Eugene for a half marathon.  Yes, you heard me correctly, I said half  :(  I initially signed up for the full... got bronchitis, went on vacation, etc --- and fell off the training program.  There just wasn't enough time to catch back up to the mileage I needed to do. 

Three of us girls left Friday afternoon and headed to Portland.  We decided to break up the drive and spend the night there.  We had an amazing Italian pasta dinner, walked around a bit, and then went to bed.  Early the next day we stopped and did a little shopping (I heart Lululemon, just not their prices... ouch!!) before heading south to Eugene.  At least it is tax-free shopping in Oregon!!!

Once we got to Eugene, we went to the expo to pick up our packets, bib numbers, etc.. .and then decided to walk around  campus a little bit.  Betsy graduated from Univ of Oregon, so she was a great tour guide.  It was a really pretty campus, I am sure it is a fun place to go to school.  (don't mind my sideways photo --- it won't let me change it for some reason, no matter how many times I try!!)
Here we are checking out the finish line --- we finished right on the famous Hayward field track  :)
Here I am post-race.  It wasn't a great race (actually might have been my slowest race ever!)... but it was an enjoyable one. I didn't feel strong right from the start, and when my body started to get tired/achey, I decided to slow down and just take it easy.  I knew I wasn't going to set any personal records, and I didn't want to risk injury either. 
Overall it was a fun weekend.  I enjoyed being able to get in some girl time.  I need to thank Travis for taking care of the kids all weekend while I went and played....  I am very lucky to have such a supportive husband!! 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You are one busy lady! Sounds like it was a fun girls weekend. I'm sorry you weren't able to do the full but I know you will some day. It's tough to get it all in, isn't?

I treated myself to a new lululemon shirt but man, it was tough looking at the price tag!

Hope to see you all soon!

AJ said...

I'm always way impressed with how you stay on top of running. I go in spurts, and lately it's been a not-running spurt. You're an inspiration to get back into it!