One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Monday, May 7, 2012

Catching Up to Do...

Geez, I have been a horrible blogger lately.  I am given the same 1,440 minutes per day as everyone else... but for some reason I have had a hard time fitting everything in.  Blogging seems to be one of the first things to go... then housework, and returning phone calls, and working out... Ugh.  I am very thankful that Travis is in town this week - it makes my world a much happier place  :)

We had a great Easter this year -- had Chuck, Kim, Lola and Olive over for brunch after church.  We also had an Easter egg hunt in the front yard.  This picture was taken after the hunt -- I think it really highlights the three kids' personalities. Not sure why Noah is making that pose.... but I think it is hysterical!!    (Noah, Evelyn & their cousin Lola)
 Noah turned 4 on April 9th.  He got some cool toys for his birthday - some of his favorites are his dinosaur 3-d puzzles and his super-soaker squirt guns (they are battery-powered, very cool for the big kids to play with, too!!)  Here is my little man getting ready to eat cake:
 Evelyn was excited to help me plant some flowers this year.  I helped my mom plant tulips and some other flowers when I was growing up, and it is a fond memory of mine.  I was glad to be able to share this experience with Evelyn, too.  We don't have a huge area for planting -- which was perfect, because she didn't get bored of the activity/work!! 
 This past weekend we went on a family hike to Twin Falls.  We went with the Mertel family, too.  Sarah is one of my favorite running partners - and it was our first time getting the families together.  Her kids are a little younger, but Evelyn and Noah enjoyed having new friends to play with. 
 The hike was a fun, free activity.  I really liked how the kids could run, scream, throw things, play with sticks, etc -- and I didn't mind at all  :)  This was a crowd favorite - a small area off the trail where the kids could throw rocks in the water.  They probably could have played there for hours. 
I need to get the Eugene half-marathon post up soon...  hopefully tomorrow.  Too tired tonight ;)

1 comments:

Kara said...

The hike looks amazing. Hope all is well and miss you tons!!!