One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Worth the Wait...

This is an African Violet that I have in my kitchen. I received it last year as a gift from my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. It was blooming when she gave it to me. I am horrible with house-plants... and I didn't have necessarily high hopes for this one either. The blooms went away within a few weeks... but I kept it alive... and it bloomed again this Mother's Day. Definitely worth the wait! I took quite the break from posting...not sure if this post will be worth the wait... but I will provide updates none the less :) Obviously life has been busy this past month -- as I am sure everyone's life is.

Here is the only other picture that has been taken recently... Noah and his cousin Lola playing together this past weekend: (you can also see the top of Evelyn's head in the corner)
Moving forward... I have an exciting weekend coming up!! College girlfriends Dee and Bri will be flying in on Friday evening for the weekend. We are all going to do a race together on Sunday morning. Bri and I will be in the North Olympic Discovery Half-Marathon (nodm.com), and Dee will be running the 10K.

With all that has been going on, I completely fell off the training plan... and I am going into this with my longest run being 10.5 miles... but I figure if I can do 10.5, what is another 2.6 miles? I might be singing a different tune come Sunday though :) I received some words of wisdom from a fellow blogger the other day... "Just remember your mind is tough and it will carry you through - so control your thoughts and don't let your mind convince your body that it is too hard! Because it is not!" Wish me luck :)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck with your half this weekend. You WILL do just great. And you are right, if you can do 10.5, you can do 13.1. Your legs and will power will get you across the finish line.

Brianne said...

Have fun with your friends and good luck in your race!

Kara said...

You will do awesome Michelle!! I will be sending lots of running vibes your way and be thinking of you. You are such an inspiration and I love that quote :)

Laura said...

Good luck with your half-marathon, you're a Mom, so you can do anything! :)