Well -- I survived my first three days back at work. It is Friday just around 5:00 and I am waiting for Travis to get home with the little ones.
Things I learned since returning to work:
- Getting 2 kids dressed, fed, and ready to go to daycare in the morning is more than twice as hard as it is getting just 1 child ready to go.
- You must be completely dressed and ready to go before the two kids even get up -- otherwise it is nearly impossible to make it out the door on time.
- Dropping your baby off at daycare the first day is heart-wrenching. (I knew about this with Evelyn, but you kinda forget what it really feels like until it happens to you again)
- By the 3rd day it gets much easier. You just have to keep telling yourself "suck it up -- that's life -- you need to go to work -- the baby will be fine"
- Pumping in the backseat of an Explorer (my new company car) isn't much different than pumping in the backseat of a Trailblazer (my old company car). It is a very non-glamorous part of my day.
- Even after being gone for 4 months, work is the same. Same drama, same good/bad attitudes of fellow employees, same business relationships with customers, etc... I am a little behind, but I am up for the challenge! (I better be, my boss is riding along with me on Monday and Tuesday already -- ugh!)
- Seeing your kids at the end of the workday after missing them all day makes you appreciate them & want to cuddle them even more!
Happy friday and weekend to everyone!!