One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Monday, August 8, 2011

The Joys of Children

Here is a picture of Noah from church.... this is in the "cry room" (where we take him when he misbehaves). Can't you tell how much he dislikes this room and how disappointed he is?? :)
Some of you saw this on FB, but I am posting it here, too -- just because I thought it was cute. Our normal priest (Father Jim) is on vacation for the month of August. So -- after Mass this past Sunday Evelyn asked "How come God wasn't there today?" I explained to her that Father Jim was on vacation for a few weeks. We definitely have a teaching opportunity there... I think I might let Travis tackle that one though :)


To be fair, here is a recent picture of Evelyn in her new swimsuit (Thanks Kara!). She has been enjoying the beautiful weather by playing out in the backyard in her plastic kiddie pool.


I took Noah blueberry picking this past weekend (might have had to bribe him with a few pieces of candy). He had fun picking the blueberries and adding them to my bucket for about 5 minutes. I then told him that he could pick them off the bushes and eat them instead of putting them in my bucket. That kept him happy for about 2 minutes.... then he decided that it was much easier to eat them directly from my bucket. UGH!! He was eating faster than I could pick!! Maybe next year we will have better success.... :)


In other news, my foot/heel has continued to bother me recently. It hurt a little before my half-marathon, and has been really bothering me since. I have pretty much taken a break from running for a while. I will have to resort to other types of cardio for now... with hopes that a few weeks off will heal my heel :)

3 comments:

AJ said...

It might be heel spurs. Mine feel better for daily activities when I don't run, but the minute I run again, they hurt. The podiatrist I saw said I shouldn't have to start running, it's just going to be a matter of managing the inflammation. He tried meds first, they haven't worked, so I'm on to cortisone injections. I've not run much in 4 weeks and I miss it!!!

AJ said...

Oops, I mean the podiatrist said I shouldn't have to stop running:)

Kara said...

I am so sorry to hear that your heal is bothering you again...what types of cardio are you doing instead? Also, Evelyn looks soooo cute in her swimsuit (I am glad she likes it). Lets plan on catching up this week!! I miss you!