One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)



Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Pretty Perfect Day :)

My day started out early this morning to meet a new running friend, Zoe. I met her through the blogging world. Once I figured out she was a fellow runner, and lived somewhat close, I contacted her to see if she had any interest in running together.

We met up at 6:30 to run on the Cedar River Trail. I joked about it kinda being like a blind date. But -- We had a full 8 miles to get to know each other. We shared stories about husbands, kids, running, and past injuries. I had a great time -- and loved having a buddy to spend my morning miles with :) She is running the Seattle Rock n Roll Marathon in two weeks (only 7 months after her daughter was born!) I consider myself pretty tough at times... but she is one tough chickie!!! I love surrounding myself with people who challenge me - I hope to have more running/training with her in the future. (picture from her blog)

Once I got home and showered, Travis and I took the kids to the park. We are dog sitting right now -- so we had two dogs with us, too. My hope was to tire the entire crew out a little bit!!Travis took Noah to get his hair cut after the park -- this is the before shot (the haircut was WAY overdue!!Here is Evelyn right after I told her I was posting her Princess ride-on car on Craigslist... guess she doesn't want me to get rid of it.During nap-time, I went and got my hair cut and highlighted. We had another quick visit to the park when I got home, and then we went out to our favorite local pizza place for dinner. After the kids' bedtime, Travis and I had an at-home date-night with a Redbox movie.



Yup - pretty perfect :)

6 comments:

AJ said...

The whale watching excursion sounds awesome. And hooray to a perfect weekend day. I love those!

Melissa said...

You know how to fill a day. So great that you have a new running buddy. Hey...if you ever want to try and meet up on a Saturday morning for a run, lets get the guys to watch the kids!

Laura said...

Yay for a running buddy! An awesome way to stay motivated!

Kara said...

I am so glad you found a running buddy. I miss you...hope we can catch up tomorrow!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Hope to meet you soon!! I am one of Zoe's running buddies!!

Zoƫ said...

We should run again soon, Michelle! :)