One day while driving along with the kiddos, we passed two women running together on the sidewalk. Evelyn was all excited and yelled, "Look mommy, cool runner girls like you!!" :)

Friday, May 25, 2007

Travis returns...

So -- Travis is finally coming home tonight. He has been gone since Wednesday the 16th. He has definitely been missed (not only by me -- Cocoa and Evelyn have been missing their daddy, too).

I tend to get a bit crabby when Travis has to travel for work though. He travels once in a while for long periods like this --- and doesn't get to come home over the weekend. In my opinion, his employer should give him some "comp time" or something since he is giving up his weekends. He doesn't get any additional time off... and he only has 2 weeks of vacation every year. Grrr...

Speaking of crabbiness --- I am definitely crabby today. I went yesterday to get "minor surgery" on my back. Long story short, I had a mole removed that was "moderately suspicious", after getting the test results back my dermatologist wanted to go back and remove all the skin surrounding the mole to prevent it from becoming cancerous. So, she cut a chunk out of my back and then pulled my skin together and stitched me back up. It didn't hurt at the time -- but I have been in a ton of pain ever since!! I couldn't shower this morning -- I need to keep the stitches dry -- so I shampooed my hair in the tub this morning (leaned over upside-down under the spout). I gave myself a quick wash with a wet washcloth -- and added deodorant -- hopefully I won't get too stinky today... :)

We don't have much planned for the weekend. I am thinking we might go to the Folklife Festival going on in Seattle this weekend. We went 2 years ago, and it was a lot of fun. It is free admission (donations welcome) -- and it is a fun way to spend an afternoon. It is a festival full of crunchy/granola/hippie people -- it is definitely a fun place to people-watch. There will be bands performing, food tents, beer tents, arts & crafts for sale (lots of hemp & tie-dye).... an all-around good time. :)

We are also dog-sitting this weekend (and all next week) for Chuck and Kim's golden-doodle (Chloe). Chloe is really good -- and Cocoa loves when she comes over -- but the two dogs together tend to wear me out!! They play and play and play until they are exhausted, and then they take a nap --- only to wake up and play some more.

Quick question for those of you that breast-fed... How long did you do it for?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!


Kara said...

Oh Michelle, I am so sorry to hear about your surgery. You should have called me. I heart you!!!

As for brestfeeding....well, you know I pumped only. I did it for about 2-months and had enough stored for an additional 3-4 weeks.

My sister breastfed for 6-months (I think) with her first.

Brooks Family said...

I hope that your back heals fast! At least Travis is back now to pamper you :)

I only breastfed for 5 weeks. Justin was born 9 pounds and he was a HUNGRY boy! I would feed him for an hour or more and he'd still be hungry. It was really frustrating and I did not enjoy it at all. He was happy with Similac and he slept much better with his belly full!

Laura said...

I hope that you are feeling better and healed up soon.

I breastfed for about 6 months. It seemed to me that when I stopped is when Georgia start getting colds and getting sick... but it was also the fall and the start of that flu season anyhow. I can't wait to start back up again. I really enjoyed it... but I'm also lazy, and found it so much easier to just whip out a breast than to make a bottle... especially at night!